Policies & Terms
FIXED Prices. NO Cold Calls. NO Salesman Visits.
Policies & Terms
We are committed to providing you with a professional service that meets your needs and satisfies your requirements for Solar PV and battery storage systems. We understand that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who has contact with Smart Style Ltd and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
How we use and collect your personal data
We collect information about you in order to provide you with the goods and services you have requested from us and to deal with any enquiries you have made, through our website, by telephone or other means of communication. The information we collect about you includes your contact details, such as name, address, email and telephone number. In order to provide appropriate advice and recommendations, we also need to collect information about your property, its characteristics and your home energy use circumstances.
Information we collect from you
We collect information when you enquire, purchase something or use our services. This includes using our websites or apps or corresponding with us. In particular:
- We keep information you give us directly such as contact details (including name, email, address and telephone number), comments, date of birth, gender, region, feedback, marketing opinions and competition entries.
- If you engage with us online via our websites or app our cookies and similar technologies may capture your IP address, your location, and record how you use the site or app to help improve it and improve your user experience, where your browser settings or permission allows for this.
- If you post information online about us or provide feedback, we may keep a record.
- If you contact us directly and complain or give feedback, receive compensation, or enter a competition, we will record details and all related information such as emails, letters and phone calls.
- We use CCTV around our sites for the prevention and detection of crime and for safety and security reasons.
Information we receive from third parties
Although we collect most of our data from our own marketing platforms we do occasionally purchase leads from third parties. All of our data providers ensure the data collected is compliant with General Data Protection regulations and is fully opted in to be contacted by businesses with Smart Style Ltd.
How we use information and the legal basis
We are allowed to use your data only if we have a proper reason to do so such as:
- To fulfill a contract we have with you;
- When it is in our legitimate interest;
- When you consent to it; or
- To comply with the law.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your data. This involves us making an assessment of when we can rely on our legitimate interests.
We have set out below how and why we may use your personal information and the legal basis we rely on. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are:
- When you buy something from us, or enter a competition we run, we use your information to fulfill our contract with you.
- We take information to communicate with you, check your identity, take payment, and provide products and services.
- To run our business and pursue our legitimate interests, we use your information.
Our legitimate interests include keeping our records up to date, fulfilling our legal, compliance and contractual duties, working out which of our products and services may interest you, improving our site and apps, and services, developing new products and services, and telling you about them and conducting market research.
How we share your personal data
The systems and equipment we install on your property are covered by guarantees and warranties and that information is recorded and registered with the relevant manufacturer. From time to time we may need to contact you about your system and notify you of any technical changes or concerns (manufacturer recalls for example). We also share your data with the following organizations and companies, either because we are required to by law or because it is essential for the certification of your installation:
- Western Power Distribution. We are obliged to share customer data with WPD when we install a system. We also share data with WPD if a prospective customer is considering installing a larger system. The data includes the customer’s name, address, telephone number and the equipment being installed or considered.
- Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC) & IWA. We are obliged to share customer data with IWA (the insurance company we use to comply with our RECC certification) when we insure the workmanship warranty and deposit payment. The data includes the customer’s name and address and the value of the contract.
- Local councils. We are obliged to share customer data with your council to comply with building regulations when we install a system. The data includes the customer address and confirmation that we have installed a PV system.
- MCS. We are obliged to share customer data with MCS when we register their solar PV system with the scheme. The data includes the customer address, what is installed, and the insurance company we have insured it with (IWA)
- NAPIT. This is the trade certification body Eco-Plug Ltd is signed up with to install solar PV systems to MCS standards. The data includes the customer’s name and address and confirmation that we have installed a PV system on the MCS Installation Database (because NAPIT are notified by MCS when an MCS certificate is issued).
Their Privacy Centre can be viewed at
When You use Our Service to pay for a product and/or service via bank transfer, We may ask You to provide information to facilitate this transaction and verify Your identity.
As an Eco-Plug Ltd ‘data subject’ (i.e. a customer or someone who has expressed an interest in our company and/or its products and services), you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which this policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you. We only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details below
- The right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organization)
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide the information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us. We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
Embedded content from other websites
Cookies and similar technologies
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.